Dark Heresy - OpenRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy - OpenRPG

Dark Heresy forums for several games ran on Veav's server in OpenRPG.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New rogue trader Game

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Hidersine wrote:
Np, I'm sure someone on the ship will have it (one of the couple hundred tech priests Razz) although their skill level will be based on your crew quality of course.

How did you get Adobe acrobat to let you write on the character sheet? I've been trying to get it to do that for a couple of years now.

sounds good. i coulda got any number of things i just felt like this was more flavorful
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Nope sounds good, fits with the whole cat person/spartan warrior theme. If there are any other small items feel free to ask and same for you riles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:56 pm

here is annabellas character sheet. much more indepth than mine ill probably be doing something similar.

http://www.filefront.com/14939277/ALRT.rar
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Hidersine wrote:
Nope sounds good, fits with the whole cat person/spartan warrior theme. If there are any other small items feel free to ask and same for you riles Very Happy

i think a lord captains baton would be appropriate?

aslo, magnoculars, strummers, a pict recorder (when he and anabella are feeling especially naughty), an extravagant wardrobe for himself and annabella...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Annabella already has a pict recorder...

Only thing I think she would need beyond is Mag Boots and other stuff for space operations.
Back to top Go down
https://dhopenrpg.forumotion.net
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:00 am

do we have a tripod for those interesting angles?
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:13 am

I don't think a tripod for a pict corder will be a problem, hell take a ships servitor and strap it to his head.

Mag boots you don't need, all pcs have void suits which come with them.

And aesthetics like wardrobes are not a problem when you own a starship.

In truth theres alot of items which you just assume that you have as they would normally be on the ship anyway.

Mag boots for example, the ship will have large amounts of mag boots for its external and internal repair teams (when the grav drive fails they need them to work effectively inside).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 am

I hope the bio and acquisition will do for Annabella?
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:51 am

Also since you won't be there on Wednesday(?), I have some questions to ask you, so i can factor in your input when the Ship is designed (on wednesday?).

You selected a mutation on your character sheet, is he a mutant or an Abhuman?

How did you get to become a rogue trader?

I've put alot of Questions here you can answer as many or as little as you like and you can respond with indifferance.

Profit factor or ship points?

What kind of size of ship do you want?

Rank These in order most important to least; Speed, Maneuverability, armour, weapon system slots.

Rank these in order most important to least; Cargo space, Luxury and Other internal fittings, Weapon systems?

What is your intended purpose with said ship?

Do you approve of slave workers?

Do you approve of pressganging?

Do you want servitors on board?

Will you want Torpedoes? (i've made rules for them, they are very powerful but slower firing )

Are you new to the ship?

How old is the ship (dosen't need to be specific)

Where was it made? (forge world, imperial dockyards, Planatary dockyards, other, etc)

Who made it?

What is the ships quality?

When selecting a crew how stringent are you?

Are mutants allowed?

What is their treatment aboard the ship?

How personal are you with your crew?

What is the social leveling onboard? (the disparity between the upper echelons and the the base ratings)

What is your relation like with the Priesthood of mars?

How much of a prescence do they have on this ship?

What is your relation like with the elecchisary?

Where do you source your officers from? (the ranks, ex-navy, other vessels, nobility etc)

If there was another rogue trader what is your prefered solution (buisness partner, family, etc)

Would you prefer said second to have his own ship or to share?

Prob best to admin edit and answer underneath each question in a differant color.
You can answer it as well Riles as certain areas will definetley be relevant to you as Voidmaster.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

I liked your bio alot and the presentation of it was beautiful. Profile seems fine, still not over the roguetrader scale yet so having heavy (multimelta) shocked me for a second but it is fine really and of course your aquisition is good too. Have you spent any of your inital 500 though?

Last edited by Hidersine on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:14 am

What is your relation like with the Priesthood of mars? Annabella's is good with the Adeptus Mechanicus as she hailed from a forge world herself. She knows alot of their ways and at one point almost joined their order, so I would say respectful and reverance from her.

How much of a prescence do they have on this ship? Hopefully a strong and devout one, not sure what the Captain wants.

What is your relation like with the eclesiarchy? Annabella has issues with them mostly out of ignorance of the Emperor due to her being from a forgeworld.

Where do you source your officers from? (the ranks, ex-navy, other vessels, nobility etc) Annabella is Imperial Navy, most likely discharged. Would say the crew however would be made from just about anyone.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:18 am

You raise a good point Riles, when i say relation to such and such I am referring only to those one the ship not the body as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Hidersine wrote:
Also since you won't be there on Wednesday(?), I have some questions to ask you, so i can factor in your input when the Ship is designed (on wednesday?).

You selected a mutation on your character sheet, is he a mutant or an Abhuman?
----------------------------------------

i would assume abhuman if that makes it easier, but mutant is so much more dramatic. its entirely up to you, though he inherited his fathers form. as a protective front he has built up a reputation as a feline lover, his persona obsessed with them. all types of items from live rare animals to stuffed, sculptures rugs and paintings. this is his cover in case someone sees his face; theyd assume he had surgery and made himself look like that because of his love for the beasts. which of course, he cant stand internally....hes a man, he hates being called a cat. but its safety first.

How did you get to become a rogue trader?

---------------------------------------

his planet had a rogue trader shuttle crashed on it, and with it a warrant of trade. as is the law of the warrant of trade, it passes by possession not by inheritance. he took the ship to its return coordinates and found an empty ship. maybe the original rogue trader was the one who settled the planet? he didnt know. everything seemed to come so easily to him as if he were home. even the gene-locks opened for him. its as if it were fate.

i wanted to put all this down in adobe, but dang it my distiller isnt working and i cant make it look all pretty. when im done with lil joshuas drawing ill post it up all nice and ask riles to adobe-it. does anyone know how to make a new sheet complete with forms? we could use some extra space for backgrounds and the like.

I've put alot of Questions here you can answer as many or as little as you like and you can respond with indifferance.

Profit factor or ship points?

-----------------------------------------

Ship points. maybe 70 ship points 20 profit factor? 60/30?

---------------------------------------

What kind of size of ship do you want?

------------------------------------------

Id like to have either a Dauntless class Light cruiser Or a Sword class Frigate.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rank These in order most important to least; Speed, Maneuverability, armour, weapon system slots.

--------------------------------------------------------

Speed, Weapon system slots, Maneuverability and armor. though, id like the chance to roll up my sleeves and make it myself.

----------------------------------------------------------

Rank these in order most important to least; Cargo space, Luxury and Other internal fittings, Weapon systems?

Luxury! yar! and then weapon systems and cargo space.

-------------------------------------------------------

What is your intended purpose with said ship?

to pillage and plunder, hoist the mizzen mast, bring out the main sail tear her assunder and split the booty! yar!...in the name of the emperor of course.

Do you approve of slave workers?

Do you approve of pressganging?

-------------------------------------------------------

no. joshy might talk a big talk but hes a big ol softy at heart....well, he might take female slaves aboard the ship, but no worker slaves. definitely no press ganging. the female slaves would be for moral purposes.

------------------------------------------------------

Do you want servitors on board?

-----------------------------------------------------

Depends entirely on if i get a crew of female slaves.

---------------------------------------------------

Will you want Torpedoes? (i've made rules for them, they are very powerful but slower firing )

Are you new to the ship?

id say this ship was the one that josh was hulled up in when he was found by annabella, fixed up and sent back out. so no id think he wouldnt be new to the ship as in he just now got it.

How old is the ship (dosen't need to be specific)

probably pre heresy, or just after, back when the imperium still traded with the eldar.

Where was it made? (forge world, imperial dockyards, Planatary dockyards, other, etc)

Who made it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

no one knows

-------------------------------------------------------------

What is the ships quality?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Probably excellent, the ship is old and wise and knows its true master.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When selecting a crew how stringent are you?

Are mutants allowed?

What is their treatment aboard the ship?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

not so stringent though we do a quick light background check to make sure we arent seeding pirates...uh...okay well people who have a history of mutanty. yes, mutants would be allowed, hed be a hypocrite if he said no, and everyones treated equally but the mutants are separated usually for their own protection. they get wenches too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How personal are you with your crew?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

out of necessity, Joshua is pretty much a mystery figure to the crew. hes good to them, really good, but no one ever really sees him. mostly cause of his mutation, he thinks its best that way. in his position he has to protect himself.

What is the social leveling onboard? (the disparity between the upper echelons and the the base ratings)

probably pretty good, i mean, the upper upper echelon, the leaders, the people who run it get the best, then everyone else gets as good as they work. the harder you work the more you get. if you got nothing at the end of the day then you aint been working very hard.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What is your relation like with the Priesthood of mars?

How much of a prescence do they have on this ship?

----------------------------------------------------------------

that would be annabellas side. Joshua keeps in mind the faith of his wife and would probably give her anything she wanted, but be wary lest they try to pull some stunt with him being a mutant and all. so hed probably keep a good presences with the mechanicus, though, in truth, hed secretly with theyd leave, its just so uncomfortable having someone whose urge to kill you might rise in their gullet. also, if i get to make my own ship, id like to use alien technology to represent the age in which eldar traded with humans.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What is your relation like with the elecchisary?

----------------------------------------------------------------

joshua worships the emperor just like any other good human soul, and venerates him greatly..... however the ecclesiarchy would probably not be welcome aboard his ship. mostly cause theyd try to skin him. not because he doesnt love the emperor. now if he could find a priest who was sympathetic to him, then by all means he would be more than happy to have him on board. theres even a chapel.

Where do you source your officers from? (the ranks, ex-navy, other vessels, nobility etc)

Probably pick them up from anywhere he could, hes not overly picky but only that he can test them and find out their limits in regards to mutants, mutany and loyalty. he wont have some judas working for him

If there was another rogue trader what is your prefered solution (buisness partner, family, etc)

Would you prefer said second to have his own ship or to share?

It wouldnt matter to me, the relationship would have to be one of a business partner most likely and if they have their own ship thats fine. i can either split ship points with them OR we can get the first ship we come across, plunder, raise the mizzen mast and split the booty, establish the other rogue trader as the new captain of it, and work from there... but this is joshuas ship. he doesnt share ownership of it but he doesnt abuse his advisers either. he treats them as equals and with respect and decency. advisers are basically anyone within the career choice structure.

Prob best to admin edit and answer underneath each question in a differant color.

You can answer it as well Riles as certain areas will definetley be relevant to you as Voidmaster.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Admin wrote:
What is your relation like with the Priesthood of mars? Annabella's is good with the Adeptus Mechanicus as she hailed from a forge world herself. She knows alot of their ways and at one point almost joined their order, so I would say respectful and reverance from her.

How much of a prescence do they have on this ship? Hopefully a strong and devout one, not sure what the Captain wants.

What is your relation like with the eclesiarchy? Annabella has issues with them mostly out of ignorance of the Emperor due to her being from a forgeworld.

Where do you source your officers from? (the ranks, ex-navy, other vessels, nobility etc) Annabella is Imperial Navy, most likely discharged. Would say the crew however would be made from just about anyone.

ah yes, i see now. he ment relation to them on a ship. well, if theyre on joshuas ship theyll have to get along with him and annabella. if they dont then theyre out.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Ship design pt 1 choosing a hull   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Ok, I hope this gets to you on time before work. These are some suggestions for potential ships since you mentioned that you wanted a slightly older more archaic ship.

How about an Idolator Raider(called a raider but its actually a frigate)
It's faster and more powerful than the sword and is well known for having xenos and archaneotech systems built into it. They are supposedly built on a ex-communicated forge world and are favoured by Pirates and raiders. They are particularity notorious around the cadian gate where they slip through and plague convoy fleets.

Speed 9
Manoeuverability +23
Detection +16
Hull int 40
Armour 19
turrets 2
space 50
sp 50
Weapons: Dorsal 2

Or

Perhaps a Gladius class gunboat, a strong and hardy light cruiser employed for border patrols and deep space blockades. A fairly old design that sees use amongst some space marine fleets in their more mundane fleet functions in which their typical fast and hard punching ships would be illsuited .

Speed 6
Manoeuvrability +10
Detection +15
Hull 65
Armour 20
Turrets 2
Space 65
sp 55
Weapons Prow 1 port 1 starboard 1

Alternatively If you prefer a younger ship I can draw from the newer imperial fleet ships built during/after the Armageddon war (although they have more of a slow, lots of guns and armour approach) Or of course you can just choose from the rule book or i could create a ship which has no history in the 40k universe so far.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:04 pm

itd be alot easier for me if you had msn aim yahoo or even got on the chat in the main room of this forum.

anyway, i cant find these ships in the book XD i was thinking more along the lines of a Dauntlees Light Cruiser. if i knew how many ship points/profit factor we had, i could make it myself.

itd probably have alot of archeotech on it. we could create a ship together that has no history yet (lost durring the golden age before horus betrayed the emperor). given the choice of what youve given me though i like the idolator. probably beef up the defence grid, if we get 70 or 60 ship points i can do something with that.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Unfortunately, noone is turning up any more and so the game has fallen through. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I've showed up the past two weeks and no one was around for the first hour of show up so I gave up, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Well it wasn't on two weeks ago, last week it was but I don't remember seeing anyone. Thanks for your support Riles and Bart (he told me last week he couldn't make it due to work) even if noone else did.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:49 pm

luckily my schedule is changing soon, very soon as a matter of fact. dont give up hope. it might be that we can change the day, maybe to a monday, since those are open now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rogue trader Game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2