Dark Heresy - OpenRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy - OpenRPG

Dark Heresy forums for several games ran on Veav's server in OpenRPG.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New rogue trader Game

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hidersine

New rogue trader Game Empty
PostSubject: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Hey guys
I know you are all very busy already but I'm starting up a new rogue trader game and all of you guys are welcome to join.

see here http://www.rpgobjects.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=676

Hidersine
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:18 am

whats already been chosen?
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:00 am

Not much of the setting save for that it will probably be in the Koronus expansion.

No characters have yet been made, im gonna run a character generation session as alot of people will be unfamiliar with rogue trader but feel free to make your own character if you have the rulebook and that
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 pm

If you guys are going to be running an extended campaign I can set you up a spot here on the forums, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://dhopenrpg.forumotion.net
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:19 pm

i dunno i got a couple of ideas, specifically an idea to make a couple of characters me and riles had in another game names lil joshua and annabella
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 am

So you in Bart? If you want to reuse old characters that is fine as long as they fit in with the rogue trader character creation

Riles you are welcome to join too if you want Very Happy . A small forum would be nice maybe just space for character bios and a general forum for the players to ask questions, all the major annoucnements like date/times etc would be posted on the openrpg forum.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 pm

sure. thing is i personally dont go on the openrpg forums much, its a hassle.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Once you got a date set let me know so I can see if I can work it in. Even if I can't if you get me a working title I can fix you an area here for use as well by the start of next week.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Just for you bart I'll post all my announcements here as well

And while not completely decided, the most possible time so far is Wednesday ~7pm EST
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 am

well so far i dont know if thats possible. i know that riles my rp buddy cant make it Wednesday because she dms fallout, and i also work till midnight. (i could make it a little late) but for the character id like to play it requires her character too

a rogue trader with the aberrition mutation that makes him look like a cat combo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:09 am

I could push the time back easily to suit you better if you want Bart. One possible option is to change the day, Carni would only miss 1 session a month, don't know how feasible his suggestion of a rotating schedule would be.

Riles: plz plz plz plz bounce Im sure fallout doesn't matter that much

And catpeople in space are always evil...always
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Wednesdays I run FO from 8 PM EST on, Thursdays RT myself from 8 PM on.

Sundays, Mondays, fridays, and saturdays are really my best days for anything.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 pm

What about you Bart? Can you do Fridays or sundays?
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 am

The boyz down at openrpg want r wanting to discuss the potential new time with you two, so could you pop in and chat to them please
http://www.rpgobjects.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=676&page=1#msg7574
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 pm

like i said, any day where i can do it during the day sometime is good, so probably saturday or sunday eithers fine if other people can make it too
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:42 am

http://www.filefront.com/14933661/liljoshuaroguetrader.pdf

heres my character finished for your approval, i havent made my requisition yet, also, i gave him a normal every day shield, figured, wtf, it'd be so easy to get i didnt see a reason why there would have to be a request for it, but its your call so thats why im calling your attention to it.

yes, he fights like achilles/hector in the Troy movie.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:25 pm

It's fine, even a best craftsman ship one your still looking at +30 acquisition bonus, the one item rule A: mostly applies to the more rare items and B: is to prevent all the players spending ages choosing gear.

That is unless you want a special non-primitive shield...suppresion shield? (arbites use them as riot shields, shocking weapon + cant be destroyed by power weapons), reflective shield? (for stopping las shots), force shield (protected by in built a force field)?

Your character sheet seems fine, but you have no homeworld?
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Hidersine wrote:
It's fine, even a best craftsman ship one your still looking at +30 acquisition bonus, the one item rule A: mostly applies to the more rare items and B: is to prevent all the players spending ages choosing gear.

That is unless you want a special non-primitive shield...suppresion shield? (arbites use them as riot shields, shocking weapon + cant be destroyed by power weapons), reflective shield? (for stopping las shots), force shield (protected by in built a force field)?

Your character sheet seems fine, but you have no homeworld?

hmm i was thinking more of a cat shaped mask or helmet with all the trimmings of bionic sights and senses. to hide his face.

and he doesnt have a name for him homeworld, its a backwater imperial world on the eastern fringe.

okay, edit:

the mask want is as fallows: its thick, leather, and form fitting to the face (though one wouldnt know it, and itd look like just a cat mask) with feathers and leather strips with beads giving it a very feral, tribal look. but trimmed in gold and silver, lending it an antiquited type of design. it has the advanced helmet systems described on page 138 yielding preysense, the ability to always use an awareness check against any hidden target as a free action, +10 to sight based checks, and has a vox caster and preysense at best quality. it can fit snugly under his carapace helmet.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 pm

ok, so you basically want a advanced carapace helmet combi-item (helmet + additional sensors) the mask being part of the helmet in effect.

Acquisition modifier breakdown using the rules for combined items
You want a Carapace helm (rare) with multiple advanced helmet systems (very rare). The rarest availability is the sensors at very rare (-20)

So base acquisition is -20
You want all 3 of the upgrades, each counting as a additional component (-5 each)
And to gain the passive sensor you want it to be best craftsmanship (-30)
But you do only want 1 (+30)

So.
+30
-----
-35 acquisition
I hate to be an ogre but that's a tad to much for a free item, drop it to common or good quality and you can have it. (although dropping its quality means you lose the autosweeping function.)

Last edited by Hidersine on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Hidersine wrote:
ok, so you basically want a advanced carapace helmet combi-item (helmet + additional sensors) the mask being part of the helmet in effect.

Acquisition modifier breakdown using the rules for combined items
You want a Carapace helm (rare) with multiple advanced helmet systems (very rare). The rarest availability is the sensors at very rare (-20)

So base acquisition is -20
You want all 3 of the upgrades, each counting as a additional component (-5 each)
And to gain the passive sensor you want it to be best craftsmanship (-30)
But you do only want 1 (+30)

So.
+30
-----
-35 acquisition
I hate to be an ogre but that's a tad to much for a free item, drop it to common or good quality and you can have it. (although dropping it quality means you lose the autosweeping function.)

actually, the advanced helmet system is a very rare system, i already have the carapace helmet on me. so id be adding it to that. the helmet is a best quality field carapace helmet so im assuming it can look however i like.

Last edited by Inquisitor Bartholomew on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Yes, but even if you didn\'t have the helmet it would have been free anyway because its rarity is less than that of the sensors.

To be fair then, You can choose to take a +5 provided that you can find someone with trade armourer to properly fit the parts to your to your helmet

Last edited by Hidersine on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Hidersine wrote:
Yes, but even if you didn't have the helmet it would have been free anyway because its rarity is less than that of the sensors

which is fine, im just going off the advanced helmet system rarity in the book, page 138 says its very rare. i can pick something else if its going to be an issue i just thought itd be a nice stylistic thing
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Upgrades are covered weirdly in the book, you either buy them singley and have someone fit them or you get them as a combined item in the way I mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Bartholomew

Inquisitor Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Hidersine wrote:
Upgrades are covered weirdly in the book, you either buy them singley and have someone fit them or you get them as a combined item in the way I mentioned above.

ill just have someone fit it into my helmet.
Back to top Go down
Hidersine

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Np, I'm sure someone on the ship will have it (one of the couple hundred tech priests Razz) although their skill level will be based on your crew quality of course.

How did you get Adobe acrobat to let you write on the character sheet? I've been trying to get it to do that for a couple of years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rogue trader Game   New rogue trader Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rogue trader Game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Heresy - OpenRPG :: General Information :: General Discussion-
Jump to: