Dark Heresy - OpenRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy - OpenRPG

Dark Heresy forums for several games ran on Veav's server in OpenRPG.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shoji

Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Empty
PostSubject: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:43 pm

On the plus side, Dreadful won't have to keep Kalla from talking as she won't be able to pun-ish everyone. My boss changed my schedule, and I have to cover a shift on Tuesday because of somebody else taking a lousy vacation. Which means that I won't be at my computer until around 9:30 pm for the Tuesday game where we rescue the Holy Sheep.

Sorry about this, folks. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while. On the down side, it may happen again next week - I still haven't found out how long a vacation the other person is on...
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:59 am

Shoji wrote:
On the plus side, Dreadful won't have to keep Kalla from talking as she won't be able to pun-ish everyone. My boss changed my schedule, and I have to cover a shift on Tuesday because of somebody else taking a lousy vacation. Which means that I won't be at my computer until around 9:30 pm for the Tuesday game where we rescue the Holy Sheep.

Sorry about this, folks. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while. On the down side, it may happen again next week - I still haven't found out how long a vacation the other person is on...

Looks like I'll miss the demon Keeling again tonight - but I HAVE confirmed that this is the last week of my co-worker's vacation and that I will be here at the same Exalt-Time and same Exalt-Channel next week. Meanwhile, Kalla and some summoned elementals (called up as reinforcements between the Escaping the Manse arc and the Keel the Demons/Holy Sheep arc, and is patiently guarding the entrance and studying what books and scrolls she's scrounged up. That way she's still marginally useful this week.

Again, this is the last time for the foreseeable future that I'll get home this late.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: aaaaaargh!   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 am

Ok, I had serious problems logging in, and just figured out what I was doing wrong. Ya see, I was posting without logging in, so of course it failed.

Sorry for the short notice, but I am not going to make it for tomorrow either , and it may be worse than that.

My co-worker is back from vacation, but my boss had one of his bizarre fits and scrambled the schedule, reversing day/evening shifts for both of us. I also got a glimpse of the future when I told my boss about a doctor's appt. next Wednesday, and I am scheduled for a shift next Tuesday as well - but I don't know which one!

Worse, the schedule is considered 'confidential information' and my boss won't actually let me have a copy until Thursday -which really means Friday since I am off Thursday and not going to go all the way to work for a copy.

And they wonder why I can't take weapons to work. >;-}
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Hrm. Might there be a better day? A day that your boss is less likely to schedule you for? It is unfortunate that you keep missing out on chances to kill demons and steal your stuff back.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:45 am

Chosen One wrote:
Hrm. Might there be a better day? A day that your boss is less likely to schedule you for? It is unfortunate that you keep missing out on chances to kill demons and steal your stuff back.

well, currently, Wednesday and Thursdays seem far better choices. Also, Friday and Saturday I do work but it's the early shifts and I can be home by 6:30 PM PST.

The problem is stability at work. the job is stable and relatively secure as long as i do my part - but scheduling is a problem. when I was in school and needed Tuesdays and Thursdays off, I had an exemption - but that no longer applies.

I hope it's just a phase, but see what everyone else can manage and if we can do a different night, then wonderful. If not, Kalla is gonna have to research Celestial Sorcery and explode things. XD
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Alrighty.

I'll go over it with the group this next game to see if Wednesday or Thursday might work. Hopefully you be able to be there, but if not, such is life.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Chosen One wrote:
Alrighty.

I'll go over it with the group this next game to see if Wednesday or Thursday might work. Hopefully you be able to be there, but if not, such is life.

I will be there - one hour late. I don't get off work until 6:30 PM Pacific time and have approximately an hour's commute back home. Better late than never, I always say. I can't confirm that this is a new pattern for me however, since it actually is very unusual for my boss to schedule me for such a peculiar shift. However, the other fluke here is that my boss provided us with 2 weeks worth of schedules. He must be going on vacation (although that isn't shown on the peon schedule) because he doesn't delegate the responsibility to anyone else. No one else can louse up a schedule like he can, after all - it's a unique skill only he possesses. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 am

Shoji wrote:
Chosen One wrote:
Alrighty.

I will be there - one hour late.

Seems my schedule has at least temporarily stabilized but it means I won't get into the game room until after 7:30 pm PST each time. At least until the boss decides to scramble schedules again.

See you then.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 pm

OK, I got screwed over at work again. Sure, my boss gave me earlier shifts, but in doing so he also inexplicably changed one of my coworker's days off. So now, I have to work a mid shift this Tuesday, and won't be home until 9:30 PM PST at the soonest.

I have no idea at the time if this is a long or short term screwing over. Last time this happened, I could be confident it was only 2 sessions, because my co-worker was on 2 weeks of vacation. This time, it's harder to tell where the madness will end. It may be for one week, it may continue until I give up the early shifts and second job.

Likewise, I can't for certain tell other employers what days I will be available all day - or what days I am unavailable between Sunday and Thursday! So, even though I got the early shifts, without the days off stabilizing, I have to postpone the hunt for the 2nd job, and thus directly postpone my return to school.

I hate this. On the plus side, the co-worker is complaining too, since he's used to having Sunday-Monday off and working the late shift Tuesdays. That was the original schedule, and woudl be ideal - therefore i cannot have it.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Shoji wrote:
OK, I got screwed over at work again.

It's official. I have lost Tuesdays. Mondays too. I am available Wednesday through Sunday now, pending the second job. I hate to ask if we can all find a suitable rescheduling time rather than wait for my boss to see reason. It has been known to happen before, generally after 6-9 months of subtle hints. Skywriting, mailbombs and full-scale manifestations of Lovecraft's Old Ones have been know to make him raise an eyebrow. Anything less is merely whining and will be ignored.

Worse, I am in a delicate situation because I did just get the concession to come in early enough to free up evening hours for a second job. I am unlikely to receive any further concessions until Doomsday.

Fun, yes?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Well, I will certainly bring up a date change in the group. Wednesday don't work for me and I often have to leave town on Fridays. So I will check Thursdays and see if that might work out for the others.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Looks like their might be a 6:30 PM PST slot open for Sundays. Talking through it with the others. Gorovuk is out due to scheduling (mostly in regards to how late the game is). Just need to check with Ordaus and then we'll see if that works. Sunday's still looking good, Kalla?
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Chosen One wrote:
Looks like their might be a 6:30 PM PST slot open for Sundays. Talking through it with the others. Gorovuk is out due to scheduling (mostly in regards to how late the game is). Just need to check with Ordaus and then we'll see if that works. Sunday's still looking good, Kalla?

yes, so far. I can be here by then easily enough. cheers

Sorry to hear about Gorovuk, he was fun and sure tried hard. he should win an internet. bounce
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: I hate my life   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Ok, my schedule is in the toilet again. Finally, management has realized that a grocery store with a large unsecured parking lot next to a major sporting arena with absolutely NO parking is a BAD idea. The solution was for them to tell me my carefully balanced schedule is once again in the toilet, with less than 24 hours of notice.

As of this moment all I know is that my schedule is being changed, but I don't know how it will affect Sunday's game. It has already sunk my Heroic Mortal game on Thursdays (I get to attend the first hour only) but no information is coming beyond the cryptic warning that the schedule will change.

Assuming the pattern set by the first home game, I am going to be doubling up with the night shift so increase our deterrent effect and tag and tow the cars of the undeterred. Joy. That means missing every other game, both games, for the next 4 months or so. Hopefully, I am wrong about this.

Oh, and i think I am going to save up and get my armed certification, so i can get singed in with a real security company rather than this at-will retail doormat crap.

Besides, I would have a gun. People *might* actually listen to me then. affraid
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Lucked out...   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Shoji wrote:
Ok, my schedule is in the toilet again.

while the above quote is correct, it seems I lucked out this Sunday and will be here close to on time. I might be a little late - around 15 minutes or so - but that's better than i expected.

See you all then.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Well, my optimism was cheerfully dashed last night. as of this moment, not only do i have no idea what shift I will be working on Sunday, i have no idea which *store* I will be at, as one is getting emptied prior to remodel and the other only has 2 of the required 3 guards.

To complicate matters, I have a new boss, and the schedules are completely in the toilet. Furthermore, he assigns preferred shifts by seniority, and I am number 2 on that list (of 2).

It looks like due to seniority rules, I am going to lose the Sundays off, and will have to work a mid shift. Of course, that only makes me about (3 hours) late.

I have also lost my early evenings, meaning the search for a second job just got much, much harder. I might just save my pennies, upgrade my security guard rating to armed, and get out of retail. Problem is, i can't earn quite enough money to do this quickly.

Lastly, my 'new' boss is still tying up loose ends at his previous job, so all contact has been by phone. That means I haven't had a chance to hash out a better strategy.

Where's my hammer? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:50 pm

The name of this thread has been renamed to better represent the situation.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Chosen One wrote:
The name of this thread has been renamed to better represent the situation.

Since this is the usual spot for this info, here ya go - I will miss any sessions planned for Tuesday. Imagine that. i am trying to swap days off with my co-worker, who is equally pissed since it looks like shifts were assigned by throwing darts with employee names on them at a calender.

I will still post my downtime activities as soon as the time frame comes up and we are supposed to post them. Dunno if we are supposed to do that right now or wait for you, Chosen.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:35 am

Supposed to wait for me. I've been a little sluggish due to work stuff, but gonna start working on it now.

Additionally, there won't be a game next Tuesday anyway due to a quick vacation i'll be taking that day and Wednesday. So, either Monday or MAYBE Thursday will be gameday this coming week. Monday would probably work better for me. Sunday I could swing too, but I am guessing that is still no good for Kalla. Input here would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Chosen One wrote:
Supposed to wait for me. I've been a little sluggish due to work stuff, but gonna start working on it now.

Additionally, there won't be a game next Tuesday anyway due to a quick vacation i'll be taking that day and Wednesday. So, either Monday or MAYBE Thursday will be gameday this coming week. Monday would probably work better for me. Sunday I could swing too, but I am guessing that is still no good for Kalla. Input here would be nice.

Sunday and Monday are both clear this week - Thursday not so good, I will be working.

We'll see how things go Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vigil

Vigil

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:14 pm

I vote Sunday since I have something on Monday that I must attend in person.
Back to top Go down
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:28 pm

I may...MAY be able to swing Sunday. I have a 12 hour shift that day that I might be able to trade off some of the hours with someone. Monday could be made to work much easier for me, I have Monday off.

So my vote is Monday.
Back to top Go down
Vigil

Vigil

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:23 am

I suppose I can join on Monday but I'll be a bit late in participation.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:13 am

Tell you all what, we'll set it quite late on Monday. 9 PM PST. The game will mostly about getting everything straightened out that you want to do. Again, the game is about to open up a bit and give you more options as to what you guys want to do. Invade the Blessed Isle, burn the Lap to the ground. Storm the city of Whitewall. Unearth and overcome the mysteries of Denandsor. Whatever it is, you guys will have a bigger part in it. So tomorrow will be large part RP about what your characters are after.
Back to top Go down
Shoji

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Chosen One wrote:
Tell you all what, we'll set it quite late on Monday. 9 PM PST. The game will mostly about getting everything straightened out that you want to do. Again, the game is about to open up a bit and give you more options as to what you guys want to do. Invade the Blessed Isle, burn the Lap to the ground. Storm the city of Whitewall. Unearth and overcome the mysteries of Denandsor. Whatever it is, you guys will have a bigger part in it. So tomorrow will be large part RP about what your characters are after.

So, I vote for Pin the Tail on The Ebon Dragon. I have a really really large orichalcum tack we can use...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread   Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kalla's boss(es)/Chosen's Internet connection sucks thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next